Sunday, July 25, 2010

Week 3- Comment 2

Joy Flack wrote:
http://web.me.com/onegreeneyedmonster/LMO/MAC_ALL/Entries/2010/7/24_Week_3_Reading_7-9.html


I use to be so afraid to make mistakes in front of my students. I was afraid to make a mistake while I was being observed…mistakes scared me. I guess I too have learned to embrace them, I know I am human, I tell my students that I am human and that I know I will make mistakes. I only get irritated with them when they are rude about pointing them out to me (occasionally I get a rude one or two). I remind them that they are also most likely going to make a mistake or two and tell them I won’t be rude when pointing it out if they aren’t.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! Talk about frustrating! I am with you. I hate making mistakes. Even the small ones scare me. I make decisions and then I say..."Oooh but what if I make a mistake".
    I can't imagine having students or my children or anyone for that matter pointing them out to me.
    Kudos to you for having a strong backbone!!
    Summer

    ReplyDelete